Family Day 2012 Frequently Asked Questions 5/16/2012 9:51:40 AM
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions pertaining the LIUNA Local 183 Family Event.
1. When is Family Day?
LIUNA Local 183’s Family Day will take place on Saturday July 7, 2012 from 9AM to 9PM and on Sunday July 8, 2012 from 9AM to 8PM. You will be able to choose which day works best for you and your family.
You will be eligible for Wristbands for ONLY ONE of these days, not both
2. Where is Family Day going to be this year?
Family Day 2012 will be taking place at Downsview Park
on Carl Hall Road in Toronto ON.
3. Why is Family Day being held at Downsview Park this year?
Family Day 2012 is being held at Downsview Park in order to meet the overwhelming demand of LIUNA Local 183 Members to be in attendance. Unlike previous event venues, Downsview Park has adequate capacity for our membership ensuring that everyone who is entitled to attend will be able to do so.
4. When can I pick up my Family Day Wristbands?
Members can begin picking up Wristbands as of Monday May 14th 2012.
5. When is the deadline to pick up my Wristbands?
Wristbands will be available on a first come, first serve basis between Monday May 14, 2012 and Friday July 6, 2012
6. Where can I pick up my Wristbands?
Wristbands will ONLY
be available at all LIUNA Local 183 offices.
- Head Office - 1263 Wilson Avenue, Toronto
- Simcoe Office - 62 Commerce Park Drive, Unit# D&E, Barrie
- Eastern Office - 560 Dodge Street, Cobourg
During the following times:
- Monday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 8:30 AM – 9:00 PM
- Thursday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Saturday 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Wristbands will not
be available at Downsview Park.
7. I have to work so I can’t pick up my Wristbands.
For your convenience, the office will be open on Wednesday evenings and on Saturday mornings to allow all members an opportunity to pick up their Wristbands.
8. Can I send someone else to pick up my Wristbands for me?
Members are required to show their PICTURE ID
when picking up Wristbands. Unfortunately, no one else can pick up Wristbands for you
9. What do I do with my Raffle Ticket?
You must bring your raffle ticket with you to Downsview Park on the day noted on your admission bracelet in order to be eligible for the RAFFLE PRIZE
When you hand in your raffle ticket, you will also receive a FREE GIFT
(while supplies last).
10. I did not receive any food vouchers, was I supposed to?
LIUNA Local 183 will not be providing any food vouchers this year. Instead, FREE food and refreshments will be available to attendees of Family Day 2012 between the hours of 11:30 AM and 6:00 PM on both days
11. Will there be any entertainment at Family Day?
There will be a variety of entertainment for all attendees to enjoy at Family Day 2012. The Children’s Midway Carnival will be running between 9 AM and 6 PM on both days.
12. Can I use these Wristbands for other events at Downsview Park?
No, Wristband(s) are only valid for the LIUNA Local 183 Family Day 2012 event.
13. Can I give my Wristband(s) to someone else?
No, Wristband(s) are for LIUNA Local 183 members in good standing and their dependents.
14. Can I bring my whole family (grandchildren, nieces etc)?
Unfortunately, only your eligible dependents can attend LIUNA Local 183 Family Day 2012 with you.
15. I want to bring my friends; can I buy extra Wristband(s)?
Wristbands will not be made available for sale.
16. I’ve lost my Wristband(s) can I get new ones?
Your Wristband(s) are just as valuable as cash. If you lose your Wristband(s), we will put your name on a waiting list. On July 7th 2012, if there are any Wristband(s) remaining, we will distribute them to the members based on the order in which the loss was reported.
If you have any questions about Family Day that are not addressed in this document, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.